Monday, September 9, 2013

Giving Thanks For Manifested Goals.

In Wicca, we can spend a lot of energy being focused on spells and workings without always stopping to give thanks for what has been manifested. As I stated in my post on Mabon, this is the time of year that is very beneficial for looking back and acknowledging the good that has manifested for us and through us. 

Last week on Facebook and Google+ I announced that I am receiving an award for my customer service at work. My coworker is also receiving the same award.  In the process of preparing to receive the award, I am noticing how much my view point has changed over the years mainly from the coworker's reaction compared to my own. My coworker is uncomfortable with being publicly acknowledged for her work. She doesn't want to be seen by anyone let alone have to thank the company for rewarding her. 

In Ifa, there is a saying that when you prosper I prosper. I do not like having to go up in front of people. However, there are times when the needs of the many out way the needs of the few or the one as a certain movie once pointed out. In this case, my clinic is one of the smaller clinic's and we are treated like the red-headed step child in a fairy tail meaning that are needs are put at the bottom of the pile. I view my accepting of the award and working hard to exceed company guidelines as ultimately beneficial not just for the patient who is receiving the customer service but for my clinic and company as well. The more my clinic being brought up in a positive light, the more the people in power will be willing to give us the funding we need. As much as I would like to say it is purely out of the kindness of my heart, there is a bit of a mercenary approach to it too.  

There is more than just the clinic stuff going on though that is positive. I use to never be very comfortable just sitting with myself. I always had to have some sort of distraction. I appreciate my own company a lot more. As I resolve some of those issues that I wanted to distract myself from I am doing less over eating. I am also being a lot more trustful of other people and allowing them more access to my interior. 

That is not to say that I am perfect in anyway but there is growth and it is exciting to have that growth be recognized on a larger scale. 

Blessed Be!

No comments:

Post a Comment