Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Behavioral Patterning vs clairvoyance Part II

I wanted to clarify something from my last post.

I do believe that total clairvoyance can be possible.  I know several talented clairvoyant folks who use their skills in everything from giving readings to other people, healing psychological and physical issues to finding answers to engineering and physics issues.  Clairvoyance for me meaning that there are people out there that are so connected to the divine that they have constant words of knowledge for folks.

Needless to say I have always considered myself to be a pattern reader more than a classic oracle. I do get visions, flashes of insight and words of knowledge around particular situations or people. However, most of the times when I sit down with someone, the more accurate readings come from a combination of understanding human behaviors as well as being open to spirit.

I can be accused of being mechanistic in regards to the Lady and her Consort and the mysteries of the universe. However, if we truly practice a nature based religion that is based on our interconnection then we still need to have a logical approach to how those connections are interwoven.

Even my spell work does tend to be a bit more practical/mechanistic when it comes to sympathetic magick. If I am looking for a job then I have not only my resume on my altar but I also have visualizations of the basic qualities of that work. At the moment, I am wanting to add a male lover for myself to our happy clan. As much as I would love a particular fantasy to happen, I am more focusing the spell on the qualities vs a particular person. Yes, there are days my younger self or lizard brain needs glittery wands and candles to connect to the magick and there are other day that I more want my army of orcs or litches to do my bidding than the lighter side (even if they are my War Hammer miniatures or miniatures from one of the many zombie games) . However, I fully acknowledge that unless I am willing to back up that wishful thinking with real world work towards the end results then all I am doing is wishing and mental masturbation.





No comments:

Post a Comment