Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Soul Cages and Collectors Part 2

I have to apologize.  I haven't read the story in a while.  Jack does attempt to save the souls of the drowned sailors.

However I still stand by the remaining comments. In addition to what I already wrote, there are two other main instances where the concept of a collector is mentioned.  In Women Who Run with the Wolves, a collector is mentioned in the context that she collects items that are used in healing shattered souls.

The second instance is a trickster earthbound spirit that captures souls through contracts. I.e. I will give you the perfect boyfriend etc but you must give me X in return.

While my advisor was talking about a past relationship,  I look at my own choices first too see what contracts or deals I was making with the universe to achieve my goals. Yes, I will freely admit and accept responsibility for my own wyrd. 

Another area that this heavily ties into for me is the concept of self hexing or self cursing. We want a circumstance changed so badly we make up our own contracts with the universe to become earth bound in order achieve our goal.

At the moment,  in addition to continually dealing with the grief of a failed group marriage and intense work stress it is always tempting to come up with those types of contracts to fix the situation. And yes, I am equally guilty of that too.

So what's a witchy girl to do after she is done crying in the cauldron?  Energy cut aways, self blessing rituals,  and uncrossing rituals in any combination. Remind yourself of the good you are and taking accountability for your action.

No comments:

Post a Comment