Friday, January 1, 2016

Sacred Sexuality and the Culture of Rape

And it harm none, do as thou wil.
- Wuccan Reed

Do as thou wilt shall be the whole of the law. 
Love under law, Love under will. 
Aliester Crowley

We are all connected. We are connected to each other. We are connected to the very earth we walk and live on. We are connected through every fiber of the universe. 

My various readings of the new year have indicated that opportunity for heaing and abundance comes through good character and discipline. One of the issues that I struggle with both on the giving and receiving end is feeling dehumanized and just a number or just a paycheck or just another vagina. I fall into the temptation of looking at other humans as the same just another means to an end. I witnessed a behavior last night that reminded me this has to stop if we expect to build positive relationships with each other and promote compassion. Instead of focusing on being offended at what the other person did, I have been using it as a personal inventory tool and felt a very strong desire to publish my musings mainly for myself. 

We bitch frequently about the culture of rape in America especially in the feminist camps.  I think it is time to really look at the over all dehumanization of people especially when it comes to our sexual relationships and sexual experiences. 

Sex is many things.  I think it is fun. I think it should be an expression of love between two people. I do not think that sex should every be used as a weapon or a tool of cohersion nor should people be manipulated into having sex. 

The problem with manipulation and coercion is that we turn something that should be for the multal enjoyment of the parties involved into an obligation. You owe me sex because of xyz, Bullshit. Sex is a privilege not a right. 

If we are truly practicing compassion we are seeing the other person as real an honoring what they enjoy. Forcing things for our own enjoyment is not love, its greed.  Just some food for thought. 

No comments:

Post a Comment