Saturday, April 18, 2015

Ethics

I am participating in a distance learning group for a coven. It is that time that we start talking about the why we are doing magic among other things.

I have been struggling this week with an infection that most people just take penicillin for and recover. Nope, had to do it the hard way and go through 6 days of ivs. 

Most of us Wiccan ' s know by heart An it harm none do as you will We are also all very quick to point out that it means as long as I am not causing harm (directly) I can do whatever I want.

I am reminded at this point of something from the Christian mysteries that just because all things are permissible does not mean all things are beneficial.

I find myself being very tempted to go and hide from the world for a long while. Join a Buddhist monastery or otherwise until particular forces stop being a part of my life. Mainly because they don't think through how their actions  really effect other people.
Yet I know that wouldn't be completely viable either because I do have a responsibility to my job and my community and family.
Tricky business emotional abuse and ethics. Best to give it to the Lord's of Karma and let them decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment