Saturday, March 21, 2015

Happy Ostara or Spring Equinox To the Rest of the World

It feels odd that we here in Minnesota are thawing out.
No snow on the ground in the southern part and I am able to have coffee on my front porch without freezing. (A ritual from back in the day when I was a smoker,)

Ostara is about new beginnings, fresh starts and hope for a brighter future.

In a Wiccan context it is the time of the year when the Great Goddes as Maiden is exploring her world and being in wonder and awe of it. It is also about being in balance as there is an equilibrium that is naturally happening that can be tapped into to balance out our lives in the most mundane ways and spiritual ways.

There is much that I am grateful for that is in the most delicate stages of a new beginning. For me, I can be hot tempered and impatient so I have to take extra steps to be more experiential orientated than goal orientated. I am continuing to walk the path of a dharma pagan to better cultivate having a calmer spirit and more patience.

As we progress through the early part of spring, I would offer up this simple meditation to help keep things in balance....

Find one white or light stone and one dark stone in equal size
Hold white stone in right hand and dark stone in left hand while you meditate on your energy and your life being in complete balance.

When you are done leave the stones on your altar as a reminder that the Goddess is a benevolent goddess and will give you all that you need for your successful growth.

While I may complain about certain circumstances, this is the meditation I use to remind me that all things are in balance and there will be good to balance out the bad.

Happy Spring!

Note if you would like more information or reiki training or healing please contact me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment