Saturday, December 21, 2013

Blessed Solstice

Happy Yule, Blessed Winter Solstice:

Today we celebrate the shortest day of the year and the longest night. In mythology terms, we honor the birth of the divine child to the goddess and her consort. As much as most Wiccan based mythology talks only of the divine son, I celebrate the birth of divine twins, male and female.

This season I am celebrating being in my new home and settling in with my beloveds.

I am excited that when we get to the spring solstice, I finally have space for an indoor and outdoor garden.

For the interim, I will be changing the focus of the blog slightly.  There will be more discussions of healing practices and more of a divination focus.  Specifically tarot and eventually the elder futhark. It is my hope to also start studying the Ogham as a divination system.


No comments:

Post a Comment